The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Thanks so much to the lovely Jessie at Mix and Chic for awarding me the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award! What a wonderful honor! Jessie's blog is always full of inspiring interiors and creative design trends and is a must read for me every day. I especially love her Home Tour features and getting a sneak peak into some seriously chic homes! 


And with this award, I am required to share 7 random facts about me and pass along this award to 15 other blogs I love. 


1) In 2010 I lived in 4 different apartments and on 3 continents! My husband was getting his MBA at an international one year program - it was amazing but what a whirlwind. We are now living in Singapore, and we even signed a one year lease - feels nice to unpack!

2) I love the Food Network. I watch it all the time, its just so calming to me!

3) I adore the fall. The cool weather, the colorful leaves, pumpkins, I am a sucker for it all.

4) I speak some Spanish, some French, and some Italian but none very well and usually a jumble of the three when I try!

5) I have a serious weakness for throw pillows. I cant stop buying them - even if there is not room for us to sit on the sofa anymore. It's my view you just can't have too many.

6) My blog is named after the maiden names of my two grandmothers who are so inspirational to me - one for her glam style and unending energy, and the other for her independent spirit and brave outlook on life, and both for the lovely link they give me to the past - I adore poring over old family photos.

7) I can always remember a color but never a number - I will easily recall the exact shade you were wearing when I met you or the tone of a fabric I saw once, but my own husband's telephone number - nope!

Hope you enjoyed a few facts about me! And now, the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award goes to . . . .

In no particular order! Please do visit all of these lovely blogs! 
xo Allison

11 comments:

Jessie said...

Thank you Allison for the kind and sweet introduction. :) I love reading the 7 facts about you and I can absolutely relate to #5 and #7. I buy so many throw pillows, sometimes I don't even use them. (I am feeling so guilty right now!) And I remember colors but not numbers! And I thought I am the only one! :) I can't remember my husband's number or even my own number! It's so embarrassing sometimes because when people asked for my number, I have to look up for it in my cell phone's 'Contact List'. :)

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the mention Allison - I love your blog so it's an honour to get an award!I'm very jealous of you living in Singapore, it must be amazing. You should post some pictures. :)

Margaret said...

Oh my Allison thank you so much for mentioning my blog! I just love love yours!!

How do you like living in Singapore so far? I have yet to unpack from my move and am eager to get started decorating an apartment (once I find one hehe).

So exciting about following your blog :)

Glamour Drops said...

Hi Allison, and I am humbled to be in your list - thank you! I did laugh heartily about the colour not by number comment. It is a running family joke that I can never remember anybody's phone number, including my own when I change it. But as for colours, details, ah that's easy! They just stick in my mind!

I year and 3 continents - that sounds like my idea of cultural bliss!

Virginia x

InteriorGroupie said...

Thanks so much for the mention! 15 blogs is A LOT to name...congrats on the award. I'm your newest follower :)

Anna said...

Hooray and congrats! I do love this blog for its sweetness, though all the more for its exquisite taste and great ideas. Keep it up!

Swirls of Happy said...

Thanks so much for awarding me!!! I loved reading your facts and I love even more the meaning behind your blog name...very neat. Love your blog!!!! XOX

Elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Congratulations on your award! I love the fall too, it is my favorite time of year. The deep blue sky against the oranges and reds of the leaves and the brisk air...Heaven to me.

designchic said...

Hi Allison, We are thrilled to receive the "Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award", and thank you so much for including us!! Just love following along on your adventurous life, and viewing your gorgeous inspiration!!

Unknown said...

Wooohoooo! Thanks Allison! You totally just made my day! So glad to find out that I am not the only one addicted to the Food Network (particularly over Christmas time) - off to check out the other blogs now!

Anonymous said...

I finally got around to writing my own post in response! Thanks again for the nomination :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan